This is a complete guide how to write an effective guest post for mypinklips.com. Write amazingly good content and quickly build a name for yourself. Guest posting is one of the best techniques for getting more and more loyal readers. Real guest posts drive real traffic.
What Mypinklips.Com Is Looking For
We are thrilled to send lots of traffic to people with interesting ideas, especially for up-and-coming bloggers.
If your guest post is simply a rehashed old point, it’s dead in the water.
Here’s What We Look For:
- Original content that tells our readers something new. It is simply the most important.
Posts that are backed up by research, charts, data, and expert quotes, not your own opinion.
- It’s easy to write what you think. It’s much harder to produce data that backs up an argument.
- Substantive discussion. Short posts (under1000 words) usually get rejected (though there are some exceptions).
- You should make an engagement with the readers through the post already published on our site. Reply to the comments, take part reader’s discussion in the comment section, etc.
Common Mistakes with Guest Posts
- Writing the guest post before you pitch us. Please send us multiple story ideas, with bullet-pointed sub-points, and let us suggest the best one for our audience.
- Not sending writing samples. Bloggers are lazy and risk-averse. I don’t want to invest a bunch of time in back-and-forth email exchanges if the end result turns out to be a crappy post that we can’t use, and we don’t want to disappoint you by saying “no” after you put your efforts. If you don’t have writing samples, get some by guest-posting on smaller blogs. Always include writing samples, preferably ones written on other blogs. So, we can see whether your writing style is a good fit.
- Limiting yourself to guest posts in your domain. There’s no reason to. Our site isn’t just about lip care, it is also all about beauty, skin care, and cosmetics.
- Submitting trite linkbait (content designed to attract attention and encourage those viewing it to create hyperlinks to the site, with the aim of improving the site’s position on the list of results returned by a search engine).
- Making the blog post all about your opinion. Nobody cares about you. Use research, charts, and expert quotes to back up your argument, and create an interesting thesis.
- Underestimating how long it takes to write a good post. A 2000-word content takes about 16 hours to make it user-friendly.
- Including your affiliate links. Just don’t it.
- Making me do additional work. When you submit the final guest post, it should be fully ready to be inserted into WordPress and it will just magically work. This means you should write your byline, format your post, no grammatical errors, correct upper case & lower case sensitiveness, add images to the email, and make it 100% ready to go.
Steps to Writing a Guest Post on a High-Traffic Blog
- Read that blog. Leave several thoughtful comments, so they can get to know you.
- Have your own blog. This isn’t necessary, but 100% of our past guest posters have had their own blog.
- Send us a quick note with your pitch, guest post sample, content ideas, etc.
The Result of a Great Guest Post
There are tangible and intangible results of effective guest posts. The first is traffic, but most importantly, it’s targeted traffic of people who care about hearing what you have to say.
Next, you build relationships with bloggers, who’ll be far more likely to run future guest posts of yours.
Third, you start to become better-known in your community whether it’s beauty, skin care, cosmetics, fitness, health or lifestyle. As you build a reputation, this intangible result becomes increasingly important.
Specific Points to Follow to Write for Us
- 100% unique, fresh, and creative content. We pass every content through CopyScape.
- Minimum 1000-word article.
- Just 3 links are allowed, 1-2 links in the content body and 1-2 links in the bio. All are no-follow links.
- Mypinklips.com will be the only sole owner of the content after allowing to publish. You cannot use it on other blogs. We maintain DMCA or Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Will be spot rejected the spinning, rewritten or rehashed content.
Ready to submit a guest post idea?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Guest Post Idea” in the subject line.